After Contact Form 7 has been installed, and your basic form has been outlined we can determine how we want to guide our visitor into selecting the recipient of the form submission.
We want to add in a Drop Down Menu to our form. This is where we will house the selections. In this example, we are going to use a Golf Course with an event space and a restaurant as well as general golf inquiries.
- In your Contact Form 7 Editor choose “drop-down menu”
- You will be presented with the “Drop-down Menu” editor window
- We want this field to be required so that our mail gets sent to the right person so be sure to check that box.
- The name field is the merge tag. For this example, we will use “Recipient”
- In the “options” field is where we will specify our recipients.
- The syntax is:
- Enter all of your options into the options field.
- In this example, we won’t be allowing multiple selections as it is not required.
- If you need to, specify your Id attribute or Class attribute.
- Once finished hit “Insert Tag”